Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates has established The Center for Vascular Care to ensure patients receive the highest quality care for their vascular needs. This center focuses on patients with cardiac risk factors and those concerned about peripheral artery disease (PAD).
- Ease of access to a vascular expert
- Close communication with referring physician
- Team approach to non-invasive workup and treatment, minimally invasive management and surgical approaches all within the same practice
- Cardiology team to help manage cardiovascular risks before and after treatment
Contact us today at 908-806-0190 or by filling out the contact form.
What Is PAD?
- Risk of PAD increases with age.
- Many people with PAD are misdiagnosed at first.
- PAD can affect the legs, stomach, arms and head, but is most common in the legs.
- If left untreated, PAD can lead to amputation of limbs.
- You can take control of PAD by following your doctor’s recommendations, living a healthy lifestyle and taking your medications.
While many people with peripheral artery disease have mild or no symptoms, some people have leg pain when walking (claudication). Depending on the severity of claudication, PAD symptoms can include:
- Painful cramping in the hips, thighs or calf muscles after walking or other repetitive leg movement
- Arm pain, such as aching or cramping, when in use
- Numbness or weakness in the legs
- Coldness of the legs or one or both feet
- Non-healing sores or ulcers on lower legs, ankles or feet
- Erectile dysfunction
- A change in the color of the legs (color change may vary by skin color – any change in color should be reported to a physician)
- Slow growth of toenails
- Loss of or slow growth of hair on legs and feet
- Skin on the legs that appears shiny
- No pulse or weak pulse in the legs or feet
Patients Who Qualify for Our Services
- Patients with cardiac risk factors or concern about PAD
- Patients suffering claudication (pain in the legs while walking or exercising)
- Patients suffering from diabetes
- Patients using tobacco products
- Patients with lower extremity ulcers
- Patients with coronary artery disease
- Patients with high blood pressure
- Patients with a family history of cardiovascular disease
Treatments We Offer
- Diet modification
- Smoking cessation
- Medication adjustments
- Exercise programs
- Weight management
- PAD rehab with Hunterdon Medical Center
- Non-invasive testing, including ABI and ultrasound
- Endovascular treatments with balloon angioplasty and stenting