Following are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive at The Center for Vascular Care at HCA. If you cannot find the answer to your questions here, please contact us and we’ll be happy to address your concerns.
What is The Center for Vascular Care at HCA?
The Center for Vascular Care at HCA was established to ensure this special group of patients receives the highest quality care for their vascular needs. This center focuses on patients with cardiac risk factors and those concerned about peripheral artery disease (PAD).
What is PAD?
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) is a narrowing or hardening of the blood vessels that move blood to or from the body’s extremities. PAD affects more than 8.5 million Americans over the age of 40.
What are some symptoms of PAD?
While some patients might not experience any symptoms, PAD can cause the following:
- Painful cramping in the hips, thighs or calf muscles after walking or other repetitive leg movement
- Arm pain, such as aching or cramping, when in use
- Numbness or weakness in the legs
- Coldness of one or both feet
- Non-healing sores or ulcers on lower legs, ankles or feet
- A change in the color of the legs (color change may vary by skin color – any change in color should be reported to a physician)
- Slow growth of toenails
- Loss of or slow growth of hair on legs and feet
- Skin on the legs that appears shiny
- No pulse or weak pulse in the legs or feet
- Erectile dysfunction
What are the treatment options for PAD?
PAD treatment is centered around two goals: 1) symptom management, and 2) stopping the progression of atherosclerosis in the body, reducing risk of a heart attack or stroke. Treatments include:
- Smoking cessation program
- Medication therapy
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Endovascular treatments with balloon angioplasty
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Bypass surgery
- Ongoing treatment management
Do you take insurance?
We participate in many insurance plans, which are listed on our insurance page along with additional information. We strongly recommend that you contact us or your health insurance plan to confirm whether your plan is in-network or out-of-network.
Where are you located?
We are conveniently located just off route 31 in Flemington on the same campus as Hunterdon Medical Center.
1100 Wescott Drive, Suite G2 B
Flemington, NJ 08822
What services do you provide?
Our specialized team works with patients to determine the best treatment options for their unique needs. We also help patients change their overall lifestyle to manage symptoms and prevent disease progression. We customize our PAD management plans, as well as carotid stenosis plans, to each patient, offering a unique personal treatment experience through the continuum of care.
How do I know if I qualify for your services?
The best way to determine if you qualify for our services is to contact us. Patients who qualify for our services include:
- Patients with cardiac risk factors or concern about PAD
- Claudicants (patients with pain in legs while walking)
- Tobacco users
- Patients with lower extremity ulcers
- Patients with coronary artery disease
- Patients with high blood pressure
- Family history of cardiovascular disease